guix-devel

GSettings schemas

From: Fabian Harfert
Subject: GSettings schemas
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 23:29:40 +0100

Hi!

Trying to use some successfully built packages I noticed that they fail
to start because of missing installed GSettings schemas. When the
profile is build, each package, that has a gschemas.compiled file in
its share/glib-2.0/schemas/ directory overides the one of the last
package so that lots of schemas are missing.

I think it would be enough to just call 'glib-compile-schemas' with the
profile output directory as an argument after all packages are in the
profile, where their XML schema files live in share/glib-2.0/schemas/.
That would generate one gschemas.compiled for all of them.

WDYT?

Fabian