guix-devel

Re: hydrogen

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: hydrogen
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:26:45 +0100

Efraim Flashner <address@hidden> writes:

> I was working on changing the packages that use qt-4 to using qt-5, and I
> came across hydrogen. I've updated it from 0.9.5.1 to 0.9.7-beta1 and made
> some changes. Considering I don't actually use hydrogen, I thought someone
> who did could take a look at it first to make sure everything looked good
> before I push it to master.

Looks okay to me (I haven’t built or tested it, though), with the
exception of adding “pulseaudio” to the inputs.  Is this necessary?

I only ever use Hydrogen with JACK because it should stay in sync with
other applications.  PulseAudio cannot possibly achieve this due to
layering.  I don’t see the use case for building Hydrogen with
PulseAudio.  Could you please clarify why it was added?

~~ Ricardo