guix-devel

Re: emacs packaging (emacs-popup)

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: Re: emacs packaging (emacs-popup)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 21:11:32 +0100

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Alex Kost <address@hidden> wrote:
> Also I don't think that .lisp, .asd and other files
> should be placed in ".../share/emacs/site-lisp/" directory.  My
> understanding is that this directory (and it's subdirs) should be used
> only for elisp files.

Just to be clear, Guix's 'emacs-build-system' is meant to be used with
Emacs packages and just reproduces what Emacs does with its very own
packages.  The only difference is that Guix installs files into
$profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d instead of $HOME/.emacs.d/$repo
and moves .info files into the standard location.  I've not invented
any new installation scheme here. Any change that will require manual
intervention for any package to work will simply be a regression.

Fede