guix-devel

On the MediaGoblin dependency patch updates

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: On the MediaGoblin dependency patch updates
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 18:40:14 -0800

Leo Famulari writes:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 03:23:45PM -0800, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
>> First in a series of towards-MediaGoblin patches.
>
> Awesome!
>
> I'm reviewing these on the assumption that you've tested they all build.

I have, if I forgot to say that previously.

> Are mock and nose required after build-time? If not, they should be
> native-inputs.
>
> As for markupsafe, the latest version of the manual has this to say
> about propagated-inputs:
>
> Another example where propagated-inputs is useful is for languages that
> lack a facility to record the run-time search path akin to ELF’s
> RUNPATH; this includes Guile, Python, Perl, GHC, and more. To ensure
> that libraries written in those languages can find library code they
> depend on at run time, run-time dependencies must be listed in
> propagated-inputs rather than inputs.
>
> I won't mention these potential issues in my reviews of the rest of the
> patches.

I sent a whole new batch of patches for all these, and updated
wip-mediagoblin.  The only one not updated was python-mako, which I
removed, since Dave got that into master anyway.  It's all rebased,
and Leo's suggestions are all included (with the exception of one
comment where an indentation change was suggested, and I stuck with the
way emacs does it).

So, unless there's any more feedback, the whole lot of these can be
merged into master, and then we can work on MediaGoblin itself.

 - Chris