guix-devel

Re: wip-xorg-server-1.18

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: wip-xorg-server-1.18
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 18:36:47 +0100

On Wed 24 Feb 2016 18:26, Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Next problem: I tried updating my Thinkpad X60 (with Intel graphics) to
> the media-updates branch, and now I'm seeing lots of rendering errors,
> most consistently in the tab headers of GNU Icecat:
>
> I guess the problem is in the git revision of xf86-video-intel that
> you've chosen.  I think we'd better use the latest tarball release of
> this driver instead.  Suggestions?

Sure, we can give that a go.  Would you mind reporting your bug
upstream?

I think I updated to git after thinking that my video was frozen, but of
course that was the input driver configuration error.

Given that Debian sid uses git snapshots maybe we should just update our
snapshot:

  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-xorg/driver/xserver-xorg-video-intel.git

Andy