guix-devel

Re: Bootstrap binaries

From: Jookia
Subject: Re: Bootstrap binaries
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 02:10:29 +1100

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 04:08:00PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> We would have to update them every time we change GCC, Guile, Coreutils,
> etc. or one of their dependencies, which sounds impractical or even
> infeasible to me.

Perhaps there's some miscommunication here- the problem right now is that the
binaries aren't reproducible at all. Having them switched to reproducible builds
once and then tagging the Guix commit used would probably be enough to fix the
problem. I don't think we need to rebuild them every time.

> Ludo’.

Jookia.