guix-devel

Mirror of hydra.gnu.org

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Mirror of hydra.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 22:46:02 +0100

Evening!

There’s now a mirror of the substitutes from hydra.gnu.org available at
<http://mirror.guixsd.org> (basically running nginx as a caching proxy.)
To use it, simply pass:

  --substitute-urls=http://mirror.guixsd.org

This is strictly a mirror so no new signing key needs to be authorized.

This is somewhat experimental, but hopefully it will provide better
bandwidth than our poor hydra.gnu.org (and until we receive the
replacement machine.)  Keep in mind that this is a cache: on a cache
miss, performance will be just as bad as with hydra.gnu.org, no wonder.

If this works sufficiently well, I propose to change
‘%default-substitute-urls’ to:

  '("http://mirror.guixsd.org"; "http://hydra.gnu.org";)

Let us know how well it works for you!

Ludo’.