guix-devel

Re: libressl

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: libressl
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 22:57:19 +0100

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 10:00:31PM +0100, Nils Gillmann wrote:
>> --snip--
>
> I'm just thinking of doing it locally as an experiment, to see what
> breaks, etc.
>

>> I would be really glad to have a system with libressl, that's
>> something I wanted for gentoo for some time now and I am still
>> waiting for the whole meta KDE Plasma-5.5.5 and some other
>> applications (I think 4 months ago it was ~30 I needed to wait
>> for) to get libressl support. Could be changed now, as the
>> general acceptance and the speed to get libressl into Gentoo
>> portage packages picked up since, so maybe my warning is just
>> based on me trying too much on Gentoo when it was still a side
>> testing project, where it is now an official project.

I just tried to upgrade on Gentoo to libressl with the
development repository enabled and all unstable packages unmasked
and solved some issues and I'm still not able to rebuild world in
one easy try from the preview I get.
It will be fun though and puts some packages to practice.
It would be nice if we could have some automatized testing for
failure with an libressl branch which just replaces every
dependency on openssl with current libressl (current version
drops sslv3 and replaces sslv3 with tls1,2,2.1 usage from what I
read in the bugtracker for Gentoo) and see where patches are
needed in Guix until upstream has fixes.

--
ng
irc://loupsycedyglgamf.onion:67/~NiAsterisk