guix-devel

Re: Server for Guix Hydra/Slave ?

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: Server for Guix Hydra/Slave ?
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 02:24:48 +0100

Nils Gillmann <address@hidden> writes:

> So a friend is about to drop one of his dedicated servers, and we
> are discussing what to do with it... another tor relay, some
> other project, and I had the idea, wel maybe we could use it?
>
> It's a 36€ / year server (I don't believe in the security of OVH,
> but others say it's okay, I personally favor in-berlin.de over
> most providers I had), specs:
> Mainboard Intel Corporation DN2800MT CPU Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU
> N2800 @ 1.86GHz Cores : 4 Cache : 512 KB Speed : 1862 MHz RAM 1 x
> 2048 MB
> Atom™ N2800 640 346 2c / 4t  1.86 GHz+ 2 GB 500 GB 100 Mbit/s /128
>
> Somewhere around 100 or 150 MB/s in connection if I read the
> conversation right.
>

> What do you think?

If this inital post was written a bit strange and off in words,
what I meant to express was: hey, look. I got a server with
uncapped bandwidth, these specs, I could maybe (not sure about
the specifics as I am not an ovh customer myself yet) get more
disks if needed, setup any OS I want and offer it to us (Guix) as
a third mirror, hydra slave, or whatever you can think off we
need right now the most. I guess it is physically located in
France.

--
ng
irc://loupsycedyglgamf.onion:67/~NiAsterisk