guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix diagram

From: Adam Pribyl
Subject: Re: GNU Guix diagram
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 11:21:12 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 3 Mar 2016, myglc2 wrote:

Upon installing GuixSD a month ago I found it difficult to get a grip on
GNU Guix' stucture. Because I like pictures I made a diagram showing
what I think I now understand about how GNU Guix' works. I am thinking
it might be helpful to Guix newcomers. Comments &/or corrections would
be most welcome. - George

I agree this deserves explanation, as this is not a common approach in mainstream distros. As I do understand this now, I can hardly judge this image will be understood by newcomer, but if this is a part of guix doc + the explanation in words (is it not there?), then it would be definitely good.

Adam Pribyl