guix-devel

Re: 01/01: doc: Typos and small stylistic changes.

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: 01/01: doc: Typos and small stylistic changes.
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 17:02:41 +0100

On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 10:48:33PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> This commit modifies some of the service documentation, which is also
> available in docstrings in gnu/services/*.scm.  Could you update them
> accordingly?

Finally, I think this is unreasonable. I already spent 20 minutes just
trying to organise a work-flow: Some of the strings in the manual are
taken from docstrings (I think the procedures), others are not (I think
the variables and data types).

Altogether, I think I would spend an hour updating comments in the source
code, together with writing detailed commit messages.

If you think it is important that both match, please just revert my patch
(and I will not be offended); I did not make important changes anyway.
I do not have the energy right now to wade through the docstrings. Instead,
I would rather investigate things around installation that I wanted to
look at.

Andreas