guix-devel

Re: Python 3.5 start of update

From: Diane Trout
Subject: Re: Python 3.5 start of update
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 22:52:22 -0800

Hello,

I've gotten further with my Python 3.5 update.

Attached are two patches. One to update Python to 3.5.1 and one to
update pytest as I couldn't get that to run with pytest 2.6.1.

My test was to install jupyter, which pulled in already packaged for
guix packages numpy, pandas, six, requests, pyyaml, dateutil, jinja2,
flask, pyzmq, tornado, traitlets, pygments, nose, pexpect, sphinx,
terminado, pexpect

I only had trouble building cython. There was one unit test failure.
(hand copied from a graphical VM console so some of the python stack
trace text is missing).

FAIL: runTest (__main__.EndToEndTest)
End-to-end asyncio_generators

Traceback
 File runtests.py line 1417 in runTest
   self.assertEqual(0, res, "nonzero exit status
   assertion error 0 != 1 non zero exit status

I have a vague memory of trying to build cython with python 3.4.3 and
having the unit test fail, but it was late and I may have forgotten to
stash all my changes.

(If you're curious about my progress with jupyter, that's over here:
https://github.com/detrout/guix-detrout/blob/master/detrout/packages/py
data.scm )