guix-devel

Re: libtool archives introduce unwanted inputs to build

From: Jookia
Subject: Re: libtool archives introduce unwanted inputs to build
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 12:09:32 +1100

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 05:14:53PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> address@hidden (宋文武) skribis:
> I don’t think so.  :-)
>
> From what I understand the problem is that we end up with the two
> variants of gdk-pixbuf in the dependency graph, and it turns out that
> it’s not the one we were hoping for that gets picked up.
>
> The solution to this is to “debug” the dependency graph and arrange
> things so that the dependency graph of GTK+ includes only one variant of
> gdk-pixbuf.  (It might be that it’s easier said than done, but we have
> to try!)
>
> WDYT?

I don't know about this, if we're giving the option for applications to use two
variants at once then they should be able to do it. If we can only handle one
gdk-pixbuf, I think we should have a gdk-pixbuf that has SVG support by default.

That said, I don't know where we'd start looking at the dependency graph for all
packages on Guix that indirectly require GTK and make sure they don't use
gdk-pixbuf directly.

> Ludo’.

Jookia.