guix-devel

Re: guix import pypi uwsgi

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: guix import pypi uwsgi
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 13:37:59 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 21:32:44 +0100
Nils Gillmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> I did not package with python so far, but is it not possible that
> you set the url to fetch from with pypi-uri?

According to guix/build-system/python.scm the answer is no:

(define* (pypi-uri name version #:optional (extension ".tar.gz"))
  "Return a URI string for the Python package hosted on the Python Package
Index (PyPI) corresponding to NAME and VERSION.  EXTENSION is the file name
extension, such as '.tar.gz'."
  (string-append "https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/";
                 (string-take name 1) "/" name "/"
                 name "-" version extension))

That's why I bring it up.

I can just build the URL myself - no problem. But there's a problem in guix
when one guix part generates what another guix part can't process (note: guix
import even downloaded the file just fine!).