guix-devel

Re: [REQ/DISCUSSION] patch managing system

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: [REQ/DISCUSSION] patch managing system
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:53:45 +0100

> Hi!
>
> The best patch-tracking candidate I’ve seen so far is “patches”, written
> by/for the QEMU people (the ‘patches’ package in Guix.)
>
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/#patches
>
> I think it has everything most of us want, including an Emacs interface.
>
> The main “difficulty” is setting it up on a machine where it can serve
> those patches.json files over HTTP based on the mailing list archive
> (which could be synced from <ftp://lists.gnu.org/guix-devel/>) and Git
> repo.  There’s a README in the the source tree that explains the
> details:
>
>   https://github.com/aliguori/patches/blob/master/README-server.md
>
> Would someone like to set it up somewhere and share a recipe?  I’d be
> happy to beta-test it as soon as it’s available!  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

Yesterday I got my domains moved back into their old place, so I
will try to read into this and see if I can setup a system
dedicated to this so we could test it.

I agree that we need more people to test and check patches and as
soon as I feel like I can do it I will test and check for other
people, right now I am not 110% sure.
--
ng
personal contact: http://krosos.sdf.org