guix-devel

Re: [GSoC] Draft proposal for an Install Wizard for Guix

From: Thomas Ingram
Subject: Re: [GSoC] Draft proposal for an Install Wizard for Guix
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 11:48:52 -0400

On 03/25/2016 09:09 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
I like the goals you’re proposing for this installer. How would you go implementing it? The proposal does not explicitly mention a UI library that would be used, and how the UI code would interact with Guix and GuixSD code.
I think most of the installer can be done by generating a config.scm with the operating-system declaration that includes the users input settings, and I was planning on writing the installer's UI with the guile-ncurses library. How does that sound?

Also included a copy of my final proposal with this.

Thomas Ingram