guix-devel

Re: security-updates merged

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: security-updates merged
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 10:16:10 +0200

Hi Ludo,

> Danny: could you check with either --container or --pure?  It could be
> that some other settings from the outside environment were interfering.

I tried

  $ guix environment guix --container
  $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var

That works.

Same for

  $ guix environment guix --container --pure
  $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var

That works.

But

  $ guix environment guix
  $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var

works now too.

Hmm, I've rebooted since. Sorry for the noise.

This time when it didn't work, I did

  $ make clean

beforehand so it's not because of obsolete compiled files this time.

Note that in-between (after it didn't work but before your E-Mail) I did

  $ guix environment guix sqlite
  $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var

And that worked, too. If that left some permanent state, it would also be clear
why it works now.

Also, I did guix system reconfigure since then - with the same config (because
I wanted my modified cups-service to take effect). (That eventually broke with
503 on texlive).

In any case, I'd suggest to test an eventual GuixSD release by booting it and:

  $ git clone ...guix
  $ guix environment guix
  $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var

and see whether it fails. If it works, good.