guix-devel

Re: [REQ/DISCUSSION] patch managing system

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [REQ/DISCUSSION] patch managing system
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:53:31 +0200

Cyril Roelandt <address@hidden> skribis:

> I think we could have a mailing-list dedicated to these trivial update
> patches. I'd also be in favor of splitting the mailing-list into many
> smaller ones, such as:
> - core;
> - packages;
> - trivial updates.

I’m not sure it would help much because it is often quite easy to
categorize patches in one of these categories just by looking at the
subject line.

However, having that ‘patches’ tool up and running would make a big
difference, I’m sure.  For me, debbugs made a huge difference, in part
thanks to its Emacs mode which integrates well in my workflow; I no
longer lose track of bug reports.  I would expect similar benefits here.

My 2¢,
Ludo’.