guix-devel

service: make hidden-service an alias of onion service

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: service: make hidden-service an alias of onion service
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 20:39:34 +0200

It seems that recently the torproject started using the more
appropriate term "onion service"[1] for what is known as "hidden
service".

I want to reflect this in the service for tor by making
onion-service the used definition/name and hidden-service an
alias for that to not break a percentage of systems which might
already be using this.

I need to further read into services, but I want to handle this
to learn more about services. As I can't CC email accounts via
newsreader interface, would this proposed backwards compability
be okay for you ludovic?

efraim and alirio in the chat also pointed out that we possibly
might want to mark hidden-service as deprecated if possible.

--
ng
personal contact: http://krosos.sdf.org