guix-devel

How to configure default applications for GNOME?

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: How to configure default applications for GNOME?
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2016 14:29:08 -0700

Hi,

I'm using GuixSD v0.10.0 with GNOME, and I'd like to configure my
default applications (e.g., web browser), but I'm having trouble doing
that.

In GNOME, under the "Details" settings, when I click "Default
Applications", everything is grayed out.  There appears to be no way for
me to set up my default applications for different types of files in
GNOME.  When I installed emacs, however, it did show up as an option for
"Calendar" only, which I thought was rather curious.

The GNOME documentation seems to suggest this is the way you set up
default applications on a per-user basis [1].  Am I missing something,
or is this a bug?  How do I set up my default applications in GNOME on
GuixSD?

[1]  https://wiki.debian.org/HOWTO/DefaultWebBrowser

--
Chris