guix-devel

Re: avr-gcc

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: avr-gcc
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 23:10:45 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> skribis:

> Except for packages that need a native gcc to build tools during build
> time (CC_FOR_BUILD).  For such packages (like Bash or Guile),
> standard-packages must include gcc again.  Then, the build recipe's
> phases must be changed so that when cross compiling, the
> C_INCLUDE_PATH is moved into CPATH and C_INCLUDE_PATH is unset.
> That makes this solution even more unattractive, many changes
> to package recipe's could be needed.

Right!  That is really a bug, and I wonder why we didn’t catch it before
(maybe because the libc’s are pretty much the same in the systems we
were targeting?).

I had actually worked around it in
e8e2e18b84eb8842a59be9bf7d49bb672260ae3a in one particular case.

So the fix, as you suggest, is (1) to change
gcc-cross-environment-variables.patch to CROSS_ify the other environment
variables as well, and (2) to remove the unsetenv that was added in
e8e2e18b84eb8842a59be9bf7d49bb672260ae3a.

Could you give it a try?  :-)

Thanks for taking the time to explain!

Ludo’.