guix-devel

Call for screencasts!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Call for screencasts!
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 17:49:08 +0200

Hello!

It’s Sunday and you’re probably wondering what you could to help this
wonderful project.  Here’s an idea: make a screencast!  :-)

I’d like a video of at most 5 minutes to put on the home page that would
showcase, for example (with explanations in English; bonus points if you
have a good mic and are a native speaker ;-)):

  1. The usual ‘guix package’ commands;
  2. the Emacs interface, briefly (like the generation diff);
  3. ‘guix environment’, including with ‘--container’;
  4. ‘guix system vm’ and the declarative OS configuration.

This is the kind of things we demo when making talks, for instance in
<https://audio-video.gnu.org/video/misc/2016-01__GNU_Guix__Reproducible_and_Customizable_Deployments.webm>.

Anyone wants to give it a try?  :-)

Here’s my contribution:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=a7d94b54c7c505f5cf9a2691f5340ae3d2acda9e