guix-devel

Re: Application Request

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Application Request
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 18:14:26 +0200

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 01:38:14PM +0530, akhilesh wrote:
     This is a general list of applications I use and would like to see it
being
     made for the gnu guix project. I'm not a developer, otherwise I would try
     doing it myself .

One of the nice things about guix, is that (compared to other distros at least)
it
is relatively easy to package most things.  In many cases a copy/paste from
some
similar package with some minor touch up does the job.  There are exceptions of
course, but in general it doesn't need a great deal of developer expertise.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3