guix-devel

Cross-Origin Request blocked when browing non-www of packages page and m

From: Roel Janssen
Subject: Cross-Origin Request blocked when browing non-www of packages page and mixed content
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 10:29:52 +0200

Dear list,

I noticed that the build status icons don't work when browing:
  https://gnu.org/software/guix/packages/ (Notice the lack of 'www.')

The reason:
CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' does not match
'https://www.gnu.org'.

So, could we either add 'https://gnu.org' to the Hydra nginx config, or
add a redirect to the www-variant on gnu.org?

Then, we also have the problem of loading mixed content (mixed transportation
over HTTP and HTTPS in the same page):
"http://planet.bazaar-vcs.org/images/logo.png"; on a secure page
"http://planet.bazaar.canonical.com/images/logo.png"; on a secure page
"http://www.gimp.org/images/wilber_the_gimp.png"; on a secure page
"http://www.gnome.org/wp-content/themes/gnome-grass/images/gnome-logo.png"; on a
secure page
"https://www.gnome.org//wp-content/themes/gnome-grass/images/gnome-logo.png"; on
a secure page
"http://www.gnucash.org/images/banner5.png"; on a secure page
"http://www.smalltalk.org/images/balloon2.gif"; on a secure page
"http://www.solfege.org/static/logo.png"; on a secure page
a secure page
on a secure page
"https://www.r-project.org/Rlogo.jpg"; on a secure page
"http://www.gnu.org/software/recutils/logo.png"; on a secure page
"http://www.speex.org/images/logos/parrot_speex_org-3.png"; on a secure page
secure page

I suggest we host those images on our own server (gnu.org).  The
attached patch (for the guix-artwork repository) does this.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Roel Janssen