guix-devel

Re: rust work in progress conflicts

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: rust work in progress conflicts
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 11:15:04 +0200

On Fri 06 May 2016 11:05, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> But given that even OCaml includes a binary blob (!), I don't think that
> we can practically require bootstrapped language implementations to
> bootstrap all the way.

To clarify!  Obviously it would be better from a reproducibility POV if
we had fewer root binary blobs.  I don't mean to argue against that.
Just that the tradeoff between "include OCaml and its world" and "always
bootstrap only from GCC" in the short term leans towards inclusion
rather than purity.  Just my POV though.