guix-devel

Re: qt: monolithic or modular?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: qt: monolithic or modular?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 21:23:13 +0200

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 01:59:04PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Efraim Flashner <address@hidden> skribis:
> > Actually I just checked ./configure --help again, and I can pass the
> > flag '-nomake examples' and it shouldn't make the examples at all. I'm
> > not sure how much compile time it'll save, but it should save us the
> > 25MB of examples that we didn't really want.
> That sounds like a good idea.  We could probably create a separate
> ‘qt-examples’ package if someone needs them.

Is that not what our different outputs are for? Concerning the docs, I concur
with Ephraim that we should keep them in the same output, as their size is
negligible. For the examples, passing "-nomake examples" sounds like a good
option to me for now, with a comment in the package; and if someone complains
later, we can add a different output.

Thanks, Ephraim, for working on this!

Andreas