guix-devel

Re: feedback as solicited by Guix manual (Section 7.1.5)

From: Tomáš Čech
Subject: Re: feedback as solicited by Guix manual (Section 7.1.5)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 06:53:13 +0200

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 11:10:21PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Matthew Jordan <address@hidden> skribis:

mentions using ifconfig, correct me if I"m wrong but isn't ifconfig
considered deprecated?

This ifconfig (part of GNU Inetutils) is maintained, so I think it’s
fine.  :-)

Yes, ifconfig is considered deprecated for more than decade. I'm not
networking guy but colleague of mine who is told me that ifconfig is
just ugly wrapper not reflecting how the kernel is handling it.

http://serverfault.com/questions/633087/where-is-the-statement-of-deprecation-of-ifconfig-on-linux

iproute2 is way to go.

S_W