guix-devel

Re: [Patch] address@hidden

From: Matthew Jordan
Subject: Re: [Patch] address@hidden
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 12:29:26 -0400

Hey Andy and everyone,

Just a quick update, will send more details, or some patches later.

Just finished up building address@hidden, thanks to last bit you sent. The
runpath now validates in both address@hidden and address@hidden  All enabled
test
now pass.

>>      if Linkshared {
>>              seenDirs := make(map[string]bool)
>>              seenLibs := make(map[string]bool)
>>              addshlib := func(path string) {
>>                      dir, base := filepath.Split(path)
>>                      if !seenDirs[dir] {
>>                              argv = append(argv, "-L"+dir)
>>                              if !rpath.set {
>>                                      argv = append(argv, "-Wl,-rpath="+dir)
>>                              }
>
> This one.  I do a substitute* of !rpath.set to "true" :)

Personally I have no problem with it, already added some code for it.

> Anyway.  I think it is a sufficiently innocuous of a fix that it will
> allow us to merge Go.  Let us call this yak shaved and get Go in.  WDYT?

I'm game for anything practical, but we'll see what the reviewers have
to say when I submit the updated patches.

Also do you mind if I add you name and email an Co-author of these three
packages?

Sincerely,

--
Matthew Jordan