guix-devel

texlive problems

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: texlive problems
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 18:45:46 +0200

Hi,

I've found a couple of problems with our TeXLive package:

* the directory dedicated to local packages is configured to:
  /gnu/texmf-local
  The standard location is $prefix/texmf-local
  You can check it with, e.g., 'kpsewhich --show-path=.sty'.

* The 3rd party files installed in that directory (once fixed) are
only found if there is a the database file 'ls-r'. This would probably
require a profile hook. Another way may possibly be to remove the '!!'
in front of the path in the following definition (untested)

TEXMF =
{$TEXMFCONFIG,$TEXMFVAR,$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFSYSCONFIG,!!$TEXMFSYSVAR,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFDIST}

in the main texmf.cnf file.

Regards,
Fede