guix-devel

Re: qt: monolithic or modular?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: qt: monolithic or modular?
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 11:15:59 +0200

On Sun, Jun 05, 2016 at 10:24:18AM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> To be fair, it was only the arm build that took 3.5 hours, i686 and
> x86_64 both took about an hour.

What took 3,5 hours was the "evaluation" on hydra: The time between the
moment I made hydra look at wip-qt, and the moment the first compilation
of a package started, and this at a time where hydra had nothing else
to do. So I do not think it makes sense to continue working in the wip-qt
branch on hydra and to evaluate it ever so often, even more so since so far
nothing depends on it and we will for the time being keep the monolithic
qt-5; you may as well work locally as for other packages.

By the way, dropping the examples made for a factor of 2 in the compilation
time; a nice improvement!

Andreas