guix-devel

Re: [GSoC] Integrating npm into the Guix ecosystem

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GSoC] Integrating npm into the Guix ecosystem
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 05:22:56 +0000

On 2016-06-07(02:56:34AM+0200), Jelle Licht wrote:

> Greetings Guix hackers,
>
> It has been some time since my last mail to this list, so I wanted to
> share what I have been up to. For the people who might want to watch
> along after today, I will be posting the changes that should not break
> everything immediately to [1]. (Apologies for it being web-only, my
> sysadminfu is still lacking. If you know how to easily and most of all
> securely expose a git repo for read-only anonymous checkouts, please do
> tell).

I am preparing a guide on our (youbroketheinternet-overlay) way we work
with git for a long time now, it would be relatively easy to do this with
a domain name and not just tor.
The tor way involves setting up tor, torsocks, creating a dedicated git
user, set up a hidden service on port 9418 (git default), and for the git
repositories which should be exported touch a file "git-daemon-export-ok"
in the bare repository on the machine running this.

I will post this on the Gentoo wiki and probably finish it this month,
it should be easy to apply for any system though.
Adding dynamic dns name with OpenNIC or commercial/free providers to it
should be doable too, as I used it with a domain name for some time too.

--
♥Ⓐ ng0
For non-prism friendly talk find me on