guix-devel

higan v099

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
Subject: higan v099
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 01:45:53 +0300

Just a heads up:

Higan v099 is released and it removes the "balanced" and "performance"
emulation cores (aka profiles), only keeping "accuracy".  I pushed a
commit doing the update.

If anyone wishes to use higan but their machine is too slow for the
accuracy profile, we could create a higan-v098 package.

My ThinkPad T420 with an Intel i5-2520M is fast enough when I set the
CPU frequency governors to "performance", though it's too slow on
"powersave".  And I know many people only use older Intel CPUs...

Taylan