guix-devel

Re: libgit2, libgit2-glib: pkg-config file: dependencies on other librar

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: libgit2, libgit2-glib: pkg-config file: dependencies on other libraries: how to represent them in Guix?
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 11:16:20 +0200

Also, it seems the only thing libgit2 uses openssl for is for the SHA1 hash.
But there's also a builtin SHA1 hash in libgit2 under src/hash/hash_generic.c
which we could use instead - should we?

It seems that Apple already deprecated OpenSSL so the support for libgit2
without OpenSSL should be fine.

There's a check in CMakeFiles.txt for SHA1_TYPE=builtin . I'm not well-versed
in cmake, however, so no idea how to set that.

Also, USE_OPENSSL defaults to ON. That's an externally-visible option. I would
know how to set that to OFF.