guix-devel

Reproducible Erlang builds - accepted in GNU Guix!

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Reproducible Erlang builds - accepted in GNU Guix!
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 13:46:17 +0200

Good news. Erlang has been accepted as a GNU Guix package:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/

The package definition is here:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/erlang.scm

you can see, thanks to Leo's work, we still patch out the time stamp
from a few files, but now we have a byte-reproducible build!

This means that Guix is probably the easiest way to install Erlang
reproducibly with *all* its dependencies on *any* Linux distribution.

Note we included the debugger too and it works :)

I have been testing this setup developing against Elixir. I'll add an
Elixir package too, one of these days. We use it in a production
environment.

Pj.