guix-devel

Re: Foreign distro GUIX_LOCPATH errors when installing from manual

From: Thomas Danckaert
Subject: Re: Foreign distro GUIX_LOCPATH errors when installing from manual
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 12:48:34 +0200 (CEST)

From: address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 12:07:56 +0200

and that the installation instructions say to install glibc-locale (or
some other locale package) in root's profile.

They already say so under “Application Setup”, but maybe that should be
made more prominent?

The section does not explicitly tell to install these locales also for root.

Perhaps the daemon systemd configuration could be expanded to set a specific locale for the Guix build-daemon (currently it uses the host systems default locale settings), and a package for only that specific locale could be included in the binary tarball, installed in root's profile? I'm not really familiar with the build daemon or locales, but I think that it doesn't matter so much which locale is set for the build daemon, as long as it is properly configured? (This is also related to your question about including glibc-utf8-locales in the binary tarball in the parallel thread)

Thomas