guix-devel

Re: Obs on non-x86

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Obs on non-x86
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 13:17:49 +0300

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 11:06:27AM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 09:00:19AM +0200, Andreas Enge wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > the obs package fails to build on arm:
> >    http://hydra.gnu.org:3000/build/1298768/nixlog/1/tail-reload
> > since it uses "-msse" and so on.
> >
> > Can this be disabled on non-x86 architectures, or should we mark it
> > as non available there?
> >
> > Andreas
>
> I grepped the source and found the offending code here:
> https://github.com/jp9000/obs-studio/blob/master/libobs/CMakeLists.txt#L350
>
> A quick fix would be to change `IF(NOT MSVC)' to `IF(MSVC)' and (without
> checking) that would likely get the old functionality back, but I bet
> there's somewhere else we can change it.
>
> Looking at git blame that code has been there for almost 2 years, so it
> looks like something else changed that caused them to either change the
> default config or finally read and process the flags.

I found debian's obs patch for this issue
https://sources.debian.net/src/obs-studio/0.14.2%2Bdfsg1-3/debian/patches/0002-Buildsystem.patch/
so it looks like I'm on the right path. I don't have easy access to
non-Intel hardware to test my patch, so I'll at least test that it
doesn't break x86_64.  My goal to keep failed builds under 600 went out
the window when I switched a bunch of packages to modular Qt, but I bet
there's a number of similar issues out there for failed builds among
armhf and mips.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר