guix-devel

Re: Rebasing core-updates-next branch

From: Manolis Ragkousis
Subject: Re: Rebasing core-updates-next branch
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:57:34 +0300

Hello,

On 07/12/16 10:29, Alex Kost wrote:
> Is there a reason for this?  Are you going to commit something there
> that needs to be based on core-updates?  If it's just the "time to do
> that", then I think it's not really needed.

Yes my work is based on commits from core-updates and in order to push
Hurd related patches to core-updates-next I need to update it.

On 07/12/16 09:04, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Do we need to rebase?  Is a merge not possible?

It's definitely possible but I agree with Ludo on this. It's better to
avoid unnecessary merge commits.

Btw I just noticed that commit bd46fdc is not signed by anyone. How
should I handle this one?

Thank you,
Manolis