guix-devel

Re: guix system: error: service 'ssh-daemon' requires 'networking', whic

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guix system: error: service 'ssh-daemon' requires 'networking', which is undefined
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 18:50:46 +0200

David Craven <address@hidden> skribis:

>> What am I missing? The error message is extremely unhelpful for
>> someone who doesn't know what it actually means.
>
> Try adding the dhcp-client-service.

Indeed.  The message is telling that the Shepherd service that provides
‘ssh-daemon’ also requires the ‘networking’ Shepherd service, but that
nothing in your OS config provides such a service.

Services that provide ‘networking’ include ‘dhcp-client-service’,
‘wicd-service’, and ‘connman-service’.

We could improve the error message by showing the location of the
‘ssh-daemon’ Shepherd service definition, though it may be better (but
more difficult) to show the location of the instantiation of the
corresponding service (the ‘(lsh-service)’ line in your config file.)

Thoughts?

Ludo’.