guix-devel

Re: lm-sensors vanished

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: lm-sensors vanished
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 15:32:27 +0200

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 03:13:26PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> We’d need to check what it’s used for, but maybe yes.

I just tried it out: It is used by pwmconfig, which sends control numbers
between 255 downto 0 to each fan and measures its speed. The script asks
whether one would like a gnuplot plot; I answered "yes" and did not get
any plot on my console... Even then, this is hardly useful, I think.

On the other hand, why not.

Andreas