guix-devel

Re: none

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: none
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 16:15:51 +0200

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Leo Famulari <address@hidden> wrote:
>> You've seen the mistakes I made, and the little syntactic things that
>> kept going wrong over time.  Near the end of my internship, however, I
>> saw a positive change: Reviewers actually make little changes, instead
>> of leaving it up to the submitter to ``fix the indendation''.  This
>> change makes the burden of reviewing smaller as well as the burden to
>> submit a package.  Great!
>
> That's good. I think there is some value in asking submitters to correct
> even small issues, so that they have a chance to learn. But, the faster
> method is for the reviewer to make the correction themselves, and then
> explain the difference. If there are many minor changes, the reviewer
> can attach a diff to their reply.

That's a matter of taste, I prefer being told that my contribution is not good
enough and then fix it myself, but that's because I'm not doing a lot...

If the maintainer wants to do additional changes, I also prefer he does it in
a separate patch/commit, as that would enable me to git pull --ff instead of
merge...

my .02€

--
Vincent Legoll