guix-devel

core-updates, next release, and all that

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: core-updates, next release, and all that
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 22:59:38 +0200

Hello Guix!

Time passes and we still have that ‘core-updates’ branch waiting to be
healed and merged.  It seems to be doing mostly OK:

  https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/core-updates

with ~90 packages failing compared to master:

  https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109012?compare=master

Critical things:

  mozjs https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1291842
  icecat https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1307245
  polkit https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1287623
  lpsolve https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1248528
  …

Leaf packages:

  lilypond https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1304657
  unison https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1305618
  node https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1306274
  vlc https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1304871
  …

𝄞 Join us now, 𝅗𝅥 fix the packages, you’ll be happy, hacker!  :-)

I think we should release 0.10.1 soon after that given all the
improvements and packages we’ve accumulated.  What do people think?

Ludo’.