guix-devel

Re: A registry for distributed sources and binaries

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: A registry for distributed sources and binaries
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 09:41:49 +0200

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 03:29:49AM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> If we did choose to present a stable API, we would need people to
> maintain it.

In my mind we don't need much of an API. We need a way for plugins to
tell what hooks they provide and then call into these hooks. That is
all. Plugins don't get access to Guix internals per se - though we
could run them in the same space.

At least for packages I agree we don't need much support. But maybe I
got it wrong ;)

Pj.