guix-devel

Re: curl releases and download - package location to add

From: ng0
Subject: Re: curl releases and download - package location to add
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 16:50:29 +0000

> Hello!
>
> [- address@hidden
>
> ng0 <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I'm one of the developers who maintain GNU Guix, the package
>> manager and its GNU System (GuixSD).
>
> I think wording like “I’m a contributor to GNU Guix” might be less
> ambiguous (“maintain” might lead the reader to think that you
> “represent” the project.)

That is true… I did not think of the difference between
maintainer and contributor. I am sorry.

> You did not ask anything in your message, so it’s not clear to me what
> you want exactly.  Did you want them to mention Guix on their web site?
>
> My 2¢,
> Ludo’.

To me the wording of the website[0] on which this address was listed
read for me like this should be obvious when they get messages
like this at this specific address.

Shall I rephrase and sent the message again?

[0]: Bottom of https://curl.haxx.se/download.html
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
Current Keys: https://we.make.ritual.n0.is/ng0.txt