guix-devel

Re: Heads-up: git.sv.gnu.org now rejects unsigned commits

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Heads-up: git.sv.gnu.org now rejects unsigned commits
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:02:19 -0400

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 10:59:07AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> All the Guix repositories on Savannah now reject unsigned Git commits:
>
>   http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22883#112
>
> Please report any problems.

Since the repo disables forced-pushing, we instead delete branches and
recreate them to get the same effect. We do this for WIP branches, and
perhaps some others?

If those branches contain unsigned commits (from before we decided to
sign everything), we won't be able to push them to Savannah. I ran into
this problem with my pre-push hook that prevents me from pushing
unsigned commits.

Just a heads up. I don't know whether or not it will be a problem in
practice.