guix-devel

Re: packaging qt applications

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: packaging qt applications
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:18:38 +0200

Hello David,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 03:30:48PM +0200, David Craven wrote:
> the configure phase I get an error that Qt5Config.cmake doesn't find
> Qt5QmlConfig.cmake. When I use a snippet to remove this check I get:
>
>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Network"
>   (requested version 5.6.1) with any of the following names:
>     Qt5NetworkConfig.cmake
>     qt5network-config.cmake

only recently did we move towards a modular Qt setup; however, not all modules
are packaged so far. So it is quite possible that QML or network support are
still missing. Efraim should be able to tell you more about it, since he
started the work. (The problem reported yesterday for calibre was of the
same kind, we are missing qtwebkit.)

In the meantime, I would suggest you start packaging using the monolithic Qt
(the variable is named just "qt"; it is version 5.5 instead of the modular
5.6, which should not be a problem). So you can concentrate on your package
first.

If this works, you can still try to replace qt by the modular one. And if some
packages are missing, patches to add them will be very welcome!

Andreas