guix-devel

guix package modif testing

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: guix package modif testing
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 15:19:43 +0200

I'll probably get RTFM'ed once again, but at least I tried to search first...

It looks like this :
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Building-from-Git
is intended for people willing to hack on guix itself, but I want to hack
at the package's definitions...

I want to test the pythondialog patch I posted in te other thread...

How do you try modifications to packages that are already in the repo ?

Is GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH completely overriding the repo, so I can
just copy the file I want to test in there, modify it, then build ?

--
Vincent Legoll