guix-devel

[patch] python-numpy, python-matplotlib and openblas update, python-cycl

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: [patch] python-numpy, python-matplotlib and openblas update, python-cycler added
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 13:40:11 +0200

Hi Ricardo,

I ran into the eigen issue of numpy+openblas.

See https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/issues/703

The good news is that openblas now appears to have fixed eigen
support. It was broken on numpy and the upgrades fixed the segfaults.

Attached bumping of python-numpy, openblas and python-matplotlib. New
package python-cycler.

- numpy now needs setuptools
- matplotlib requires new packagen python-cycler
- matplotlib sources are now on github
- matplotlib and ipython now have a circular dependency - so I removed
  one and had to disable document generation for matplotlib

We may have success getting R to work agains OpenBLAS.

Pj.

PS I thought using texlive-minimal was a good idea. Ignore those if
you think it is not supposed to be. It may be the reason the PDFs
disappeared.