guix-devel

core-updates merged!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: core-updates merged!
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2016 23:48:26 +0200

Hello!

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

> one more thing that would be nice to have is gtk-doc:
>    http://hydra.gnu.org:3000/build/1345571
> I already tried to upgrade to 1.25, but that did not change the error.
> And maybe node for those who are interested in it:
>    http://hydra.gnu.org:3000/build/1326189
>
> And there are a few failures of python packages.

I’m afraid these problems are still there, but overall we’re doing
pretty good, so I merged ‘core-updates’ into ‘master’!

Noteworthy changes include the upgrade to libc 2.23, GNU/Hurd and
cross-compilation improvements, closure size reductions, and lots of
things we’ve long forgotten.  :-)

On GuixSD, to ease transition to libc 2.23, you’ll want to install libc
2.22 locale data globally (info "(guix) Locales"):

(use-modules (gnu system locale))

(operating-system
  ;; …
  (locale-libcs (cons glibc-2.22 %default-locale-libcs)))

Enjoy!

Ludo’.