guix-devel

Re: Go build system

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Go build system
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 16:42:06 -0400

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 07:33:25AM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
> On 25/07/16 20:50, Leo Famulari wrote:
> > https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-go/packages/syncthing.git/tree/debian/rules#n42
>
> Just in case you are trying to understand the Debian package, be aware
> that some files are removed from the tarball with the debian/copyright
> FilesExcluded [1].

Ah, so they remove most of the dependencies, although not the ones found
under 'gui/', if I understand correctly.

I wonder where they get them from, in that case? Maybe they download
them while building?

I don't want to upgrade my Debian system to Sid to try the package,
since I won't be able to roll back afterwards. Is anyone interested in
trying to install the Debian package if they are running Sid?