guix-devel

Re: License auditing

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: License auditing
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 20:05:39 +0200

>> How can I tell the difference between a lgpl2.1 and lgpl2.1+ license?
>"or later"

Yes, I get that, but does it explicitly say the words "or latter" in the license
text? What about when there are lgpl2, lgpl2.1 and lgpl3 license files in
the repo? Is that (list lgpl2.0 lgpl2.1 lgpl3) or lgpl2.0+?

> I could do that program in maybe 2 hours and find and extract all the
> official license texts in a few more hours. But does such a thing already
> exist? [Seems like something obvious to have and I'm writing many other
> things already.]

I only found this, which only detects 3 license types.
https://github.com/tantalor/detect-license